The Gazelle is a step-change in platform design that is accelerating the transition to deep water wind. The Gazelle Platform combines sustainability with a positive economic impact for offshore developments.
Making a positive impact on the Blue Economy
A renewable source for the production of sustainable energy
- Gazelle is a sustainable solution offering a more efficient and cleaner way to produce energy.
- By enabling the installation of wind turbines in deep waters (where the wind is stronger and more constant), it optimizes and makes better use of available resources.
- Gazelle also contributes to the circular economy by generating local employment for the construction and maintenance of floating platforms and R+D+i.
We contribute to the reduction of greenhouses gases
- Gazelle enables the production of emission-free electricity while using materials that are a fraction of materials that are used in current designs.
- We reduce CO2 emissions from material production by using significantly less steel than current steel floaters and up to 90% less concrete than concrete floaters.
We reuse and ensure a reasonable use of raw materials and products
- The Gazelle is optimized to reduce manufacturing waste.
- The concrete components (the anchorage and counterweight) will be finished with ECOncrete, which not only can be reused, it allows the habitation of marine life on its surface.
- The steel used will be recycled at the end of its life.
The Gazelle delivers significant carbon savings compared to conventional offshore wind farms. For example, with Gazelle's materials a 1GW wind farm represents savings of:
90% lESS CONCRETE*
ENABLING A LOW CARBON WORLD
The UN is taking steps to cap global warming at 1.5°C. The magnitude of the challenge is matched by the magnitude of the opportunity. According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), there is enough offshore wind resource globally to meet the world’s entire electricity demand today – 18 times over.
* Figures being used in the quantitative comparisons in the above illustration are extracted from the Statement of Feasibility granted by DNV
In addition to providing affordable, clean and zero-carbon electricity, Gazelle can bring tremendous socioeconomic benefits to local communities. Offshore wind projects generate sustainable jobs which require a variety of skills, across the full value chain of the sector. Gazelle takes it a step further by bringing many of these jobs to the local community.